Willing to learn to make delicious Moong dal khichdi? Then click on this blog, where we have revealed an excellent way to cook a professional style delicious moong dal khichdi recipe.
Khichdi is one of the lightest and healthy Indian dishes that are commonly prepared across India. The consistency of khichdi and texture can be different. Still, the standard way to cook it remains the same as we are mentioning here. So, if you want to learn to cook delicious moong dal khichdi, read this blog.
Ingredients needed for making khichdi
2tsp ghee and 1 tsp jeera
⅕ cup chopped tomatoes
3 cup water
1 tsp green chili
⅕ cup moong dal
⅕ cup rice
Steps to make moong dal khichdi
Take half cup moong lentils and half cup rise and let them soak in the water for 30 minutes. And after 30 minutes, you can drain and keep them outside.
Now take a (3 ltr) pressure cooker and add 2 tsp ghee and 1 tsp jeera or cumin powder. When cumin starts getting sprayed, you can add ⅓ cup of finely chopped onions. Now saute these until they brown and add ½ cup chopped tomatoes, ½ tsp chopped green chili, and 1 tsp ginger. After some time:
- Add turmeric powder as well as Hing and saute until everything gets soft.
- Add the moong dal and rice, which you soaked in the water.
- Mix all the ingredients nicely for a couple of minutes.
- After doing this, add 3 cups of water, and you can also add more or less water depending upon the thickness you want in your moong dal khichdi.
- Cover the pressure cooker and provide 7-8 whistles to the khichdi.
When you are done with this step, then you can serve and enjoy your moong dal khichdi.So, if you are also willing to cook moong dal khichdi, you can apply these steps during the cooking process. And cook a tasty dish to enjoy with your family but to make your khichdi more special. You can use our specially produced natural and organic but affordable whole moong dal.